The PERMATRAN-W® 101K is a 6-cell instrument allowing you to test up to 6 samples at the same conditions simultaneously. The unique design allows accurate true permeation measurement through the samples that reflect real-life situations.
- Unique RH control allows repeatable testing to ASTM D6701
- Measures transmission rate of water vapor or moisture vapor through the porous and breathable polymer membranes, polymer coated thin paper, and thin polymer nonwoven.
- Measure WVTR of higher-level transmitters up to 101,000 g/(m2*day)
- Precise temperature measurement and control
- Test breathable membranes, coated paper and more
- The unique test method is faster and more accurate than Gravimetric Methods
- Parallel testing of 6 samples at a time
The PERMATRAN-W® 101K is designed to test the Water Vapor Transmission Rate (WVTR or MVTR) on breathable barriers efficiently and accurately. Testing highly permeable materials with the traditional Gravimetric method is subject to driving force issues caused by an air gap that leads to inconsistent and erroneous test results. The 101K WVTR analyser utilises a modified inverted water cup concept that eliminates the air gap problem and maintains a constant 100% RH throughout the test period providing accurate and repeatable results. Designed for high transmitter barriers this analyser provides test results from 500 to 101,000 g/(m2*day) while conforming to the ASMT D6701 standard that is specifically written for this instrumental method.
The PERMATRAN-W® 101K has an easy to use operator interface and can be connected to other MOCON instruments providing centralised control and monitoring of multiple instruments. It has fully adjustable temperature control with flow and barometric pressure correction capabilities.
For more than 25 years, MOCON’s PERMATRAN series of instruments have been the most trusted and longest-lasting on the market. The 101K offers accurate water vapor permeation measurement for those breathable barriers not easily tested by other methods.