The OX-TRAN 2/22 series of high-performance analysers can test the Oxygen Transmission Rate (OTR) on both films and packages from low to very high-level barriers. The analysers are easy to use and offer the shortest test times available in the market. They feature 2 independent cells with changeable horizontal test cartridges that allow a wide variety of sample sizes and types to be easily and accurately tested.
- Patented Coulox® sensor is the only absolute Coulometric sensor on market, never requiring calibration
- Lowest detection levels of any instrument available down to 0.0005 cc/(m2*day) (10X model)
- Fully automated temperature, flow and RH controls simplify testing and provide unparalleled repeatability
- Industries fastest sensor response time allows shorter overall test times
- Removable test cartridges allow fast easy sample preparation
- Automated test method can start a test by a single press of a button
- TruSeal gas flushed perimeter sealing can eliminate the need for individual zero in many tests thus shortening overall test times
The 2/22 Series use MOCON’s patented Coulox absolute (intrinsic) coulometric sensor requires no calibration and is the base for the ASTM standard D3985. It is the only instrument family proven to meet its precision and bias requirement through independent and 3rd party testing.
This family of highly accurate instruments has 3 models each having a different factor of lower detection limits.
- H Model (common barriers) – the most popular detection range from 0.05 to 200 cc/(m2*day)
- L Model (high barriers) – is able to achieve a factor of 10 lower than the H Model providing a range from 0.005 to 200 cc/(m2 * day)
- 10X Model (ultra-high barriers) – has the industry’s lowest detection level at 100 times lower than the H model providing a range from 0.0005 to 200 cc/(m2*day).
Their upper detection limit of 200 cc/(m2*day) can be extended with any of the models with the use the reduced area film test cartridge (factor x9), atmospheric oxygen in place of the normal 100% O2 (factor of 4.8) or various size masking. The series has industry leading features such as removable and interchangeable horizontal test cartridges, easy to use touch screen operator interface, and fully automated testing providing higher throughput in the lab.
For more than 25 years, MOCON’s OX-TRAN series of instruments have been the most trusted and longest lasting on the market. From simple single layered barriers to complex multi-layered barriers, the OX-TRAN 2/22 series is the right choice.